» Please now see follow-up at: STOP KILLING CYCLISTS «
Monday 20th April 2015
6pm for 6:30pm
|What:||Vigil and Die-In|
|When:||Monday 20th April 2015 at 6 for 6:30pm|
|Where:||Lambeth Bridge at Millbank, Westminster|
|Feeder rides:||FEEDER RIDES|
|Tube:||Westminster, Pimlico, Lambeth North|
|Coverage:||Media coverage on Stop Killing Cyclists|
#StopKillingCyclists Vigil & DieIn: Lambeth Bridge at Millbank Mon 20 Apr 6p Re: crash involving HGV and bicycle http://stopthekilling.org.uk/direct-actions/vigil-and-die-in-lambeth-bridge-at-millbank-westminster/
Also see Google+
What is this about?
Following the very sad news of the death of Moira Gemmill riding her bike today, Thursday 9th April 2015, there will be a Vigil and Die-In on MONDAY 20th April, meeting from 6pm for 6.30pm on Lambeth Bridge where she was killed
We ask as many of you as possible to attend and to remember her, as well as highlighting for the third time in just a few weeks, the need for space and decent infrastructure for people that choose to cycle.
Please would you share this information as much as possible?
If anyone knew the victim, and would like to take part in the vigil, you would be more than welcome. We would read out any message / statements on your behalf. But we also respect the privacy of family and friends if they do not wish to take part.
Report from London Evening Standard:
“London arts visionary Moira Gemmill killed by lorry while cycling near Lambeth Bridge; Designer, 55, was a major figure in the London arts world and was hand-picked by the Queen to oversee renovations at Windsor Castle”
- Further media reports are at Stop Killing Cyclists: CLICK HERE.
Lambeth Bridge at Millbank, Westminster
Please let us know if you will be leading a cycle ride (from where at what time). Generally, any children must be accompanied by their parents.
Knightsbridge (Victoria and Albert museum)
- Led by Zorian Clayton
- Meet outside the front of the V&A museum on Cromwell Road to leave at 5:30pm
- Led by Carl Myhill and Andrew D Smith
- (thank you Andrew for bringing flowers to the vigil — ed.)
- Meet 17:30 at Ludgate Circus (NE Corner by Leon) for departure at 17:40
- The feeder ride will head South over Blackfriars Bridge, right at Southwark Station along The Cut and Baylis Road to Lambeth North tube station. Straight over and down Hercules Road to Lambeth Road. We will negotiate the South Roundabout and cross to the vigil over Lambeth Bridge. Please join us if you are able.
- Led by @maidstoneonbike
- (arriving on a train from Cardiff at 17h30)
- Meet at Praed Street entrance
- Departs at 17h45
- Intended route: Hyde Park, then Buckingham Palace, Buckingham Gate, Horseferry Road
- Led by Terrence Stamp
- Departs from the top of the CS2 directly outside Stratford High Street DLR Station at 5pm
- Led by Nic Fripp (look for a tall bloke with pink HiViz and flagpole)
- Departs from Town Square (by the library) at 5pm prompt
- Route to be taken: MAP
- Nik says: “There’s a rendezvous point in London Fields for anyone in Hackney who wants to join. I anticipate being there at 5.20 assuming a prompt start at 5pm and we aim to be at Lambeth Bridge by 6pm or so.”
- Led by Bob Broad of Wandsworth Cycle Campaign (look for a bright red cycle)
- Gather at the cafe on Tooting Common at 5.00 and depart sharp at 5.15
- Will cycle from Tooting Common to Millbank Embankment/Lambeth Bridge junction
Other related things…
(not affiliated with this site or event but referenced in good faith)
3 thoughts on “Vigil and Die-In: Lambeth Bridge at Millbank, Westminster”
HOW MANY of YOU can RT this Tweet ? Add this to others Also !
skippy mc carthy @skippydetour now
@BritishMonarchy @David_Cameron @nick_clegg @Ed_Miliband @Nigel_Farage 2 BUSY 4 THIS http://stopthekilling.org.uk/direct-actions/vigil-and-die-in-lambeth-bridge-at-millbank-westminster/?hc_location=ufi … BE THERE
USE the power of the SOCIAL MEDIA to REMIND the ” handlers ” of these ” Puffed Up Buffoons ” , that there are real people oN BIKES !
Perhaps some of those tweeted here , even met/knew this Lady , whose LIFE was cut short , because SHE chose to ride her Bike to work !