UPDATE: Thank you!!
Please see the post-event page: CLICK HERE
Monday 26th January 2015
6pm for 6:30pm
|What:||Vigil and Die-In|
|When:||Monday 26th January 2015, 6pm for 6.30pm|
|Where:||Amhurst Park at Bethune Road, Hackney, N16|
|Tube:||Manor House (Piccadilly line) or Seven Sisters (Victoria line)|
|Press Releases:||22/01/2015: Local Death - Local Action|
Tweet: #StopKillingCyclists #Vigil #DieIn Mon 26 Jan 6p Amhurst Park at Bethune Road
What is this about?
Following the very sad news of the death of Stephanie Turner on Tuesday, 20th January 2015 near Bethune Road, Hackney, at the junction with Amhurst Park, and Seven Sisters Road, London N16, there will be a Vigil and Die-In at this spot on MONDAY 26th JANUARY, meeting from 6pm for Die-In and Vigil at 6.30pm.
We ask as many of you as possible to attend and to remember our fellow cyclist as well as highlighting the need for space and decent infrastructure for cyclists.
If anyone knew the victim and would like to take part in the vigil, you would be very welcome. But we also respect the privacy of family and friends if they do not wish to take part.
Our deepest condolences to the family and friends of Stephanie.
About the crash and the person killed:
- Cyclist killed in crash in north London (London Evening Standard)
- ‘Amazing’ physiotherapist killed by lorry while cycling to treat patient months after her sister died in childbirth (London Evening Standard)
- Lorry driver arrested after cyclist dies off Seven Sisters Road (Tottenham & Wood Green Independent)
- Lorry driver arrested for dangerous driving after cyclist dies in Hackney (Hackney Gazette)
- Cyclists to hold die-in at Amhurst Park (London24)
Behune Road at A107 Amhurst Park, Hackney (near Seven Sisters Road)
- Led by Andrew D Smith (look for a big bloke in pink fluorescent bib)
- Departs 5:30pm
- Route: up Farringdon Road, Rosebery Avenue, Angel, Highbury & Islington station, Highbury Grove, Manor Road, Bethune Road.
- Approximately a 45 minute ride.
- Led by Nic Fripp (look for a tall bloke with yellow hi-viz and a grey & white beanie)
- Departs from Town Square (by the library) at 5.45pm
Other related things…
(not affiliated with this site or event but referenced in good faith)
One thought on “Vigil and Die-In: Hackney (Bethune Road at Amhurst Park)”